Dr David Adamson is a natural resource/ agricultural economist. He is currently allocating his time between his ARC DECRA and collaborating on a European COST-ACTION Proposal titled 'Network for Evaluation of One Health'.David has extensive experience in working on water and climate change and biosecurity. David is rapidly developing a reputation in one-health where he spends time exploring international trade issues associated with: food safety and market access; regulations and human health; and identifying the risk of food borne diseases and supply chains.
David has been commissioned to work on The Garnaut Climate Change Review (2008); the Murray-Darling Basin Plan (2010-11). In 2015 Queensland Department of Natural Resources and Mines commissioned David to build a model to assit in the priceing of new water entitlements and in 2015/16 David was a Member of the Independent Review of the National Red Imported Fire Ant Eradication Program.
Fellowships and Research Networks
- 2016-2019: ARC Grant DE160100213 Optimising National Benefits from Restoring Environmental Water Flows
- 2015 Endeavour Research Fellowship from the Australian Government's Department of Education and Training
- 2015 Research Fellow of the Australian Institute for Business and Economics (AIBE)
- 2014-2018 Network for Evaluation of One Health (NEOH)
- Affiliate of the Queensland Alliance for Agriculture and Food Innovation (QAAFI)
- (2013-2015) President of the QLD Branch of the Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society (AARES).